Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Almost There; Zack's Vardøger

According to the {trustworthy} and {ever correct} site, Wikipedia, I have found the following definition:
The word vardøger is a Norwegian term defined as "a premonitory sound or sight of a person before he arrives"
It also states that it can be used in lieu of the more common German term, "doppelganger".  But I chose the Norwegian word for a reason.  If any of you are familiar with the Norway pavilion at Epcot, you will most likely have passed this beautiful mural as you board the Maelstom ride.


I had ridden this ride as a teenager on family vacations, and again as a young mom to Alex and Nick.  But nothing prepared me for the bizzarity of this most recent trip.  Our youngest son, Zack, had never been to Walt Disney World before.  At least not that we knew of.  While making our way through the Maelstrom line on our first day at Epcot, I grabbed my husband's arm in shock.  There was Zack.  As large as life, and... Norwegian!


Zack and a Lego creation, circa 2009

Zack doesn't see the likeness.  {Perhaps if had been something "cooler", like a Pirate from the Pirates of the Caribbean ride?}  But for me, just looking at my son it's like I'm almost there!  What do you think?  I really think there oughta be a way to share in the royalties or something...


~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...